Saturday, July 6, 2013

Cat-iversary and Birthday!

I may be a crazy cat lady, but... Nope, I've got nothing.

Happy 6 months to Walter and Zooey. I adopted you two from Best Friends Animal Society, a program in Utah that I support wholeheartedly. I may live across the country, but Best Friends is an amazing program and worth your attention.



"Best Friends Animal Sanctuary
At the heart of Best Friends is the Sanctuary, where, at any given time, about 1,700 animals are turning their lives around, receiving the medical help they need, and getting love and acceptance to help them overcome their past. While searching for their forever homes, they live in a scenic, healing environment among human and animal friends.
Best Friends owns nearly 3,700 acres, and we lease another 17,000 acres of state and federal land. Nearly 30,000 people visit every year to meet the animals and tour what has become the nation's largest no-kill sanctuary for companion animals"


Walter and Zooey are the greatest cats. They're friendly and sweet, love bellyrubs, and are ceaselessly entertaining. I chose them because they were a bonded pair (a couple that have a strong relationship that should be adopted together). Bonded pairs are incredibly hard to adopt out, as most people are looking for one addition to the family. They arrived to me just in time for New Year's Eve 2012 - six months ago at the end of July! Also, they were born in July, which makes this their birthday month!

Join in me in wishing my 2 darlings a happy Annibirthsary, and donate to Best Friends Animal Society here!

Walter takes a snooze in his favorite spot.

Zooey's PINK PAWTOES!

Zooey (back) and Walter, seated on my stomach and STARING AT ME WHEN I WOKE UP.
Walter and me on a lazy Saturday. 






No comments:

Post a Comment